Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday and I Love My Sister!

First of all,

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I would really like to go to the French Quarter in New Orleans in the Carnival season some year. How fun that would be! (I hear that there are "family-friendly" parts of the parades, so I wouldn't be too worried as long as Jen was with me!) Really, I'd just love to go there any time of year. But check out how cute my niece and nephew are! I laughed out loud when I opened my email from my sister Michelle; and no one was even around so I had to share this picture. They're in Mardi Gras masks they made! My favorite is Russ' expression.


Secondly, I love my sister Annie! She's getting married in just 18 days to Awesome Kenny and I couldn't be more happy for them both. Annie just went through the temple recently and had her bridals taken as well. Here is just a sampling for your viewing pleasure.


Isn't she gorgeous!?! For serious.

Also, I obviously love her because I'm missing this to go to the wedding:

I got this special invitation through my civil engineering class to personally come view the placing of the longest bridge moved using Self Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMTs) in the western hemisphere! Cool right! Yeah, let me just admit what I know you're probably thinking right now... Nerd... Yep, it's true. I just love this stuff. In fact, I wish Jen was driving every time we pass a construction site because I want to slow down and take a good look at what's being built.

Really, it doesn't even compare to witnessing my sister's wedding, but it just goes to show either (a) how much I love my sister by what I would give up to come, or (b) how much of a nerd I am (or the obvious (c) which is both).

2 comments:

Annie said...

I fully appreciate all you are sacrificing to come to my wedding and I am so grateful you are doing it! You NEED to be there! Won't it be so wonderful to have everyone together again? Ahhhh! I'm so excited!

Michelle said...

And when you say 'everyone' you really mean everyone! Do you realize that you will be the first one of us to get married with all the siblings there?! Daniel missed mine and of course Joey missed Daniel's and Tee's. Crazy goodness forthcoming!