Friday, March 18, 2011

I am ashamed :..(

Recently, Jen and I have been spending a lot of money on stuff that's unavoidable (e.g. air-fare to siblings weddings, car payments, 6-month insurance premium, and so on... OUCH!). So I looked at our moneys and noticed I/we spent quite a bit on eating out, even just for a quick lunch by myself (despicable, I know). I decided that for one solid month I was going to go cold-turkey on eating out, with the exception of the weekly date, but that would NOT be spent on fast food but on good-tasting food. Because food should taste good. Am I right? Or am I right?

Anyway, we have been doing so good and I have been able to completely avoid eating out and we have gone on a dinner date a week for the past 3 weeks. Jen and I have been eating our own food bought from the grocery store, prepared in our own home, and it has been so delicious! Jen is such a good cook and home-made food is ABSOLUTELY the better way to go (for the record, I have always known this, but sometimes convenience governs the situation where you have to rush out the door and you don't have time to make a lunch). Here's a sample of our St. Patty's Day dinner from last night. Wish you could taste the corned beef through the blog... So tasty and yet so lean!


Such a colorfully festive meal!

...Jen insisted to take my picture as well

Today, however, I broke down and broke my perfect streak of no fast food. I bought Taco Bell at the CougarEat because I was famished and was planning on staying on campus for a while longer to work on my Masters project. And what I'm most disappointed in was not my failure to stick to my morals, but the food. I haven't had fast food in so long that I have been spoiled by the deliciousness of Jen's cooking. And so, when I ate my grilled-stuffed burro, which I know I used to like, I thought to myself, "this must be what they mean when they call is 'Taco Hell'"! So disgusting... I threw it away.

Jen, I will never cheat on your cooking again. My stomach will be ever-faithful to you.

Moral of the story:

Why cheat when what you have at home is far better than anything else you can possibly find outside of it?

No comments: