Friday, September 18, 2009

"Crazy Woman Driver"


I went for a little jaunt on my bicycle on Friday and everything was going just fine and dandy... until I was about 4 blocks away from my apartment on University Avenue when from right out of nowhere a minivan comes and cuts me off to make a right turn into a business park. I was forced to slam on both brakes, all the while screaming at the top of my lungs, partially out of pure insanity/fear of getting clobbered by a vehicle 100 times my size and partially just to get the driver's attention. The van made the turn and I miraculously made my way around the rear of it without crashing. As I passed I looked at the driver to give them the stink eye for being so reckless and possibly even to give a certain hand gesture if it appeared that they did it out of contempt; however, the driver was off looking in another direction! Sure enough, it was a woman apparently lost and looking for an address.

What I believe is far worse and more dangerous than someone purposely trying to be rude, such as dear Cruella (above), is a clueless driver who has no idea of her/his surroundings and the heinous offenses they nearly commit every day. So, here's my plea to all drivers out there:
don't be stupid like the crazy woman minivan driver!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

hahahaha, i love this. i am not quite that reckless. and only mostly on the freeway. i am nice to pedestrians. just not nice to people driving 65 in the fast lane. and just so you know, i'm not different from now on. just for a week. just to try a different way of living. other than in the fast lane. :)