Friday, March 12, 2010

Face-Rake

Wow, I guess my last post was a little too inspiring for me, because I'm about to jump from inspirational to pure complaining......

This morning I did probably the craziest something of the semester:

I woke up EARLY to play basketball at 6:30 am!

Thanks Grant and Brandon for getting me to do it. I definitely would NOT have gone had there been no peer pressure (although Heaven knows I need the exercise)! Believe it or not, I had fun! It truly was a superb way to wake up! I feel so invigorated, except for one thing: I got.......

FACE-RAKED!


Yes, I went for the rebound. I got it fair and square. But, then there was this middle-aged guy on the other team, probably still a little bent that I stole the ball from him about 15 seconds prior, who made an attempt to return the favor and steal it from me. However, he missed one spherical object and hit another.... my cabeza!

An honest mistake since my face was probably orange from exhaustion! Sheesh, I really need to exercise more! I've lost my "MUCHNESS."

All in all, it was a very positive experience. And to be perfectly honest, I will likely even do it again, once again not by myself; not in a million years! Only with the assurance that I'll have friends there. I'll admit I was a little intimidated at first because the other guys who came out to play were really good. You pretty much have to be great to be that dedicated. But, seriously probably the nicest group of guys I've played pick-up ball with at the Richards Building. Ever.

But wait. Don't start thinking this is a positive post, or that I'm done complaining... Then, I went to grab a towel for my shower and the guy in the "BYU issue" room obviously had an issue with that because he stopped me as I grabbed the towel and said, rather snooty'ishly, "Towels are for student locker contracts only." He then proceeded to throw the towel that I had just grabbed in with the other dirtly ones.

What the @#$%&?!

1 comment:

Theresa Mooney said...

Dude. People are annoying. Especially ones who know they're being punks just because they can.