Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Green & Go Home!

Mooney is an Irish surname.

It is for that reason that I feel more Irish than anything else.

I may be just as much or even more British or Scandinavian, but since my name is Irish I feel akin to that side of my heritage. I have this longing to visit the "emerald Isle" and see with my own eyes its lush green hillsides and landscape. I feel like it would be my pilgrimage to my homeland... The land of my fathers.

And it is for this reason that Saint Patrick's Day is my favorite random holiday!

I'll probably cook corned beef and wear as much green as I own every year on March the 17th 'till the day I die.

Top o' the mornin' and a Happy Saint Patty's Day ter ya!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

lets go lets go lets go to IRELAND!!!! woo hoo! second honey moon anyone???

Daniel said...

Ummm, yes! please! Thank you. We will go someday. And it's gotta be soon!