Saturday, November 7, 2009

H1N1 Fighter

Lately I've seen several billboards advertising the H1N1 flu shot. Each one has a so-called hard-core individual with their sleeve rolled up to show off their sissy little band-aid on their shoulder. They are the self-proclaimed "flu fighters." I want to join in the cause, but the sound of not only getting "shot" in the arm but also being forced to wait in long lines at the health center among likely infected persons to get it doesn't strike me as what I would call "appealing." But, I'll tell you what does...


I've come up with my own solution for my contribution to this war with the swine floosie... OJ!!! My plan of attack is to drink one large glass of orange juice every morning with breakfast. This will improve my immune system as well as throw a party for my taste buds!

I love orange juice, especially the kind you have to chew! In fact, my OJ of choice has "Lots of Pulp." In fact, that's what it says on the carton, and it's just the way I like it! This is also why I love the Tropicana pictures with the orange and the straw. Go ahead and scroll back up and look at the picture again. Doesn't that just look so delicious?! I actually tried doing this as a kid, with the result of a badly disfigured straw and a bruised orange. I've always just wanted to see if it works... sucking on an embedded straw to get the sweet nectar out of a juicy orange. The world may never know if it does. In the meantime, I am fighting the flu, one glass at a time. If I still get sick, then oh well, at least I'll have enjoyed my orange treat!

P.S. If you have an idea for how to get a straw into an orange, please tell me. We'll have an orange juice party or something!

No comments: