Sunday, November 8, 2009

Have A Supi... No Really, I Insist!

I went to the Havasupi Indian reservation back in June this past summer and I used a waterproof disposable camera. The only problem with that was it had more exposures than I needed, so I decided not to develop the film until the pictures were all used up. That was my mistake... it took me until a few weeks ago to actually finish the camera and then I didn't get it developed and put onto a CD until this past week.

So, these pictures are a little old, and they might make you wish it was still June and warm out, for which I apologize in advance.

Just as soon as we arrived after the long hike into camp, we went down to Mooney Falls...

That's Mike Stoker and Dan Thuet trying to make me fall... get it? "Mooney falls"!

More of Mooney at Mooney Falls.

That's the cliff wall behind the waterfall with Dan Thuet on it. There was so much green everywhere!

And the water was so turquoise blue it was amazing! (yes, that's me doing the back flip)


Dan Dan the Muscle Man!

On the 2nd day as we embarked on our hike down to Beaver Falls. I really should have kept that shirt on because I ended up getting fried on my shoulders that day! Ouch!

Here's a good little story: the funny thing was that the hike was the best part! We found a rope swing, trudged through shallow blue river waters like this, and got seriously lost! By the time we actually got to the falls, we were pooped and ready to head back.

Thank goodness for those water-filter guys we met who refilled our water supply, because we seriously underestimated how long it would take to get there! We got talking about how pretty this place was and they told us that they had revisited Havasupi for the past 22 years straight and said that this year was actually the "least pretty" they had seen it because of the flood that happened last year. We were amazed because we couldn't even imagine it any more gorgeous!

My place of Zen.

That's Grant Johansen and Becca Hall in the front, Britney Davis in the next row and Mike Stoker and Dan Thuet in the way back.

Mike.

The gang: Becca, Britney, Grant, Dan, me, and Mike.

What a sight to see! I guess I am glad I brought my waterproof camera because it was able to take shots like this, even with water bullets being shot out from the water fall in every direction!

3 comments:

mstoker said...

Good times. That was such a fun trip.

Jennifer said...

so wish that i could have gone. but i DO love the sandals we bought for it!!!

Theresa Mooney said...

cool dan! i wish I could have come, seriously! you are quite the adventurer. good for you.