Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'd like to say...

I'd like to say that I'm glad I was able to watch the BYU/Utah Football game from the comfort of a leather couch.

I'd like to say that I'm glad I had some food to snack on without having to leave my seat and pay ridiculous amounts of money for a pretzel.

I'd like to say that I'm glad that I had the best seat in the house by watching the game on a big screen tv with great coverage (let me just say, I hate the Mtn! Aaaah!)

I'd like to say that I'm glad I was able to avoid nearly losing my nose and toes to frostbite in freezing temperatures for five hours.

I'd like to say that I'm glad I avoided a huge throng of annoying people with absolutely zero personal space.

I'd also like to say that I'm glad I avoided being stuck in a croud for an hour after the game.


I'd like to be able to say all these things...
.
.
.
But, I can't!


What a game to miss... all because I had to be in Arizona!!! Every so often there are proud moments to be a cougar fan. Tonight was one of them! And although I have never had the privilege of rushing Cougar Stadium, I have to say I would have been the first on that field had I been there! But I rose and I shouted these words in my living room:


Rise all loyal cougars and hurl your challenge to the foe.
We will fight, day or night, rain or snow.
Loyal, strong and true, wear the white and blue.
As we sing, get set to spring
Come on cougars, it's up to you!

Oh rise and shout the cougars are out
Along the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out
As you unfold your victory story.
On you go to vanquish the foe
For alma maters sons and daughers.
As we join in song
In praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue
To cheer our cougars of BYU.

Ra Ra Ra-Ra-Ra, Ra Ra Ra-Ra-Ra, Ra Ra Ra-Ra-Ra,
GOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO COUGARS!


...Go Cougs!


P.S. Can we PLEEEEEASE go back to the retro royal true blue colors? And not just for one game! Navy blue is just so plain and boring.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i wish you could have been there too!

Theresa Mooney said...

I think I sang the song loud enough that someone in P-Town heard me! Wish I was there too bro (but not really because now I have thin AZ blood and can't hack the cold).