Saturday, February 27, 2010

Colorado = "Colored Red"

... Who Knew? Not me, until I went there!

Jen and I had the great opportunity to visit my sister and brother in law with their two kids in Littleton, CO over Presidents Day weekend and Valentines Day. It was so fun and so nice to get away from Provo and school for 3 and a half days! We carpooled with Abby and Addison (thanks again Abby for driving! You're the best!) and it was an adventure to remember!

I know it's been almost 2 whole weeks since we got back, but it feels like it was yesterday. And posting pictures on the day after a trip is pretty dang good, I'd say!

Here are some highlights of the trip:

  • Icy road conditions in Wyoming on our way out Friday night. Gad zooks! After about 10 hours we rolled into Denver unscathed. Thanks to Addison, I am alive today to tell the story!
  • I changed a diaper!
  • Made waffles Saturday morning with my sis. Lydia really loves sweets! If you asked her if she likes syrup, she might ask you, "Is it sweet?"... "then YESSS!!!"
  • We went out to lunch at a Mongolian barbecue restaurant downtown, which was pretty good. It was also very fun (mostly for me) to see all the civil engineering stuff there. Great sports arenas, old buildings, winding roads, etc.
  • After lunch, we hiked around Red Rocks amphitheater for a couple hours. How beautiful and impressive! See pictures below. I'd love to go to a concert there someday!
  • Watched Olympics.
  • Went to "vacation Church" (involves going to sacrament and ditching the rest to go visit with Brooke Theis, Kelsey Foster and Garrett Sens at the Theis home for a little dance party with Brooke's nephew).
  • Made delicious food for our Valentine's Day dinner, along with the most chocolaty cake I've ever eaten!
  • Russell getting ridiculously caked with the said cake.
  • Exchanged Valentines (all you need to know is Jen is sweeter than chocolate cake!)
  • Lydia giving me a scratch and sniff valentine, but getting mad at Jen and I when she found out that we were leaving on Monday morning.

Jordan and Michelle and the Ballantynes were such good hosts and hostesses and we are so grateful for letting us spend the weekend with them. Love you guys!

Love,

Daniel


No comments: