Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pay Homage



I was recently reminded of a great song (All My Life) and got thinking about how awesome the music of my generation is! So, I just want to pay some respect to the fathers of R&B: K-Ci & JoJo, Boyz II Men, and also others like All 4 One and Seal. These guys perfected hip-hop doo-wop and gave us a fresh contrast to their fruity white contemporaries who got so over-played back in the day (e.g. N*Sync and BSB).

Without K-ci & JoJo, without Boyz II Men, and without All 4 One, there would be no R. Kelly or Brian McKnight or Usher or Neo or even Chris Brown. And let's face it, prom and our entire High School experience just would NOT have been the same! Just let the flood of memories of days gone by rush to your mind as you think about how your life would be different without these tunes:

All My Life

Crazy

I'll Make Love To You

On Bended Knee

I Swear

I Can Love You Like That

Kiss From A Rose

1 comment:

Alison Rae said...

Haha! I love those songs too! thanks for bringing back some awesome memories!