Monday, February 1, 2010

Lost Art of the Compliment

Recently, Jen found this article on msn.com and shared it with me. I was really touched by this man's determination and quirky interest in bringing a little happiness into peoples' lives.

I love the feeling of having either given a compliment that is well-received, or receiving a good genuine compliment from someone. It is a gift to be able to bestow such elation in only a moment and it is my goal to master this art!

Here is the link to the article and below is just a snippet from it. Please enjoy this warm, inspiring tale which is the perfect theme to kick off this month of love!

The Lost Art of the Compliment, by Tom Chiarella

"If a worthwhile compliment needs anything, it is the weight of realization behind it. So I fell back, watched people go about their jobs, the quality of their interactions, the way they looked at their reflection as they walked the street. I registered. And I learned, or started to learn, that a compliment is a partnership, because the pleasure of giving it lies in its effect upon the person receiving it."

2 comments:

Raymon said...

I really like this concept as well. Thanks.

Jennifer said...

thanks for mentioning me and i think you are really good at giving compliments. and really hot. love, jen