Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's NOT a Zit, I Swear!

This weekend I went to Church with this on my face:



And I just want to make something absolutely clear... ok, two things, my face being one of them... the other is that this is NOT a zit! I was shocked at the fact that a mere 2 more people than zero asked about it at Church. And one of them actually had the courage to say, after asking what it was, that he wasn't going to ask at first because he thought it might be a pimple! This made me realize that perhaps that's what everyone else thought. I mean, you can't very well miss it! Here, just look at it:


No, it's not acne, but it would still be cool if it was because I would totally brag about having the a Guinness world record hugest zit known in the history of mankind!

It is even cooler than that! It's a battle scar obtained playing basketball on Saturday! You see, one kind of blemish guys aren't ashamed of is scars. They're proof of toughness. Manliness. Built-in bragging rights. And possibly best of all is that they're a great conversation-starter!

OK, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. Here's the short and sweet, because I know you've been dying to find out... So there I was, under the hoop. When in a flash, out of nowhere a guy 40 pounds my larger came barreling into me, knocking me to the floor. I don't remember much other than that in one second I was shooting the ball, and the next, my body was being hurled into by an opposing player and sent straight to the floor, without even enough time to stop my chin hitting first. Sadly, I didn't make that particular shot, but I went back and humbled that guy I was guarding the rest of the game, shutting him down, successfully making sure not to allow him to make any shots after that point. In fact, he got so frustrated with himself that he yelled out a couple times, and when after the game I went to say good game, he said nothing in return. What a punk huh!

Thank you for letting me tell the story that I apparently was dying to share.

The end.

No comments: